Tuesday, April 2, 2013

March Madness Book Edition: Championship Round

In the month of March, my class participated in March Madness: Book Edition - click here to read my posts about the process of creating the brackets and voting.  

Last week, the students voted which two books would be in the championship round - The False Prince Trilogy by Jennifer Nielsen and One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt were the selected books!  I love both of these books and personally would not be able to vote between the two, so I immediately understood how my students felt when it came down to circle only one on the ballot.  Some students did not exactly follow the directions, but instead voted with their heart and circled both titles - I could not blame them!  I would have done the exact same thing!

After tallying up the votes from the ballots three times with the class, we had our results...a tie!  At first, some March Madness basketball fans did not agree that we could have a tie because there weren't ties in basketball games since they had overtime. However, I explained that they voted and it was very clear they loved both books equally so both books deserved to win their March Madness Championship.  Below is our completed March Madness Book Edition bracket chart with the two deserving winners in the middle!  Thank you Jennifer Nielsen and Lynda Mullaly Hunt for writing these amazing books!  We look forward to reading many more books written by you in the near future so keep on writing! :)

Happy Reading! :)


1 comment:

  1. Hurrah for ties!! It's just not fair sometimes that someone has to lose when they are so very good. (I actually feel the same way about basketball-to lose by a point-argh!) I'm glad you all had such a good time with the March Madness book tourney! I'm going to print the bracket & share with a few classes-good recommendations! Thanks Melanie

    ReplyDelete